Come Tap Dance with Us!
REGISTERING FOR CLASSES
We use WellnessLiving for our sales and class registration. This is an internet based system that allows you to purchase class passes and register for classes online. To access your WellnessLiving account or create a new one, just click on Registration Login on the menu above. If you’d like to use your smart phone to buy passes and book classes, we recommend that you download the WellnessLiving Achieve App, which is available in the .
If you’d rather register in person or over the phone, that’s fine too! We recommend you email us in advance to find out the best times to call or stop by.
Class PricesDiscount prices are for seniors age 50+, U.S. Military (including veterans),and full time college students. ID must be presented in person in order to receive the discount.
|Regular Price||Discount Price|
|Individual Class Drop-in||$15.00||$12.00|
|5 Class Flex Pass|
(good for 120 days)
|$65.00 ($13/class)||$52.00 ($10.40/class)|
|10 Class Flex-Pass|
(good for 120 days)
|$120.00 ($12/class)||$96.00 ($9.60/class)|
|20 Class Flex-Pass|
(good for 120 days)
|$225.00 ($11.25/class)||$180.00 ($9/class)|
|Unlimited Session Pass||$315||$250|
|Unlimited Annual Pass||$1250||$1000|
Registration is now available for the March – April 2020 Session.
March-April 2020 Class ScheduleMonday March 9 - Friday April 24, 2020
|Monday||9 am||Tap Level 3|
|Monday||10 am||Tap Level 2|
|Monday||11 am||Tap Level 4|
|Monday||5:30 pm||Tap Level 2.5|
|Monday||6:30 pm||Tap Level 1|
|Monday||7:30 pm||Never-2-Late Part 1|
|Tuesday||9 am||Tap Level 2.2|
|Tuesday||10 am||Tap Level 1|
|Tuesday||11 am||Never-2-Late Part 2|
|Tuesday||5:30 pm||Tap Level 2.8|
|Tuesday||6:30 pm||Tap Level 3|
|Wednesday||9 am||Tap Level 2.5|
|Wednesday||10 am||Tap Level 3|
|Wednesday||5:30 pm||Tap Level 3 PREP|
|Wednesday||6:30 pm||Tap Level 1|
|Wednesday||7:30 pm||Never-2-Late Part 2|
|Thursday||5:30 pm||Tap Level 2.2|
|Thursday||6:30 pm||Tap Level 3|
|Friday||9 am||Tap Level 2.8|
|Friday||10 am||Tap Level 1|
|Friday||11 am||Never-2-Late Part 1|
INDIVIDUAL CLASS PASSES
If you want to pay by the individual class, you can! Single class passes are good for 60 days from the date purchased.
Save money by purchasing more than one class at a time. Our Flex-Passes come in 5, 10, and 20 class increments and are good for 120 days from the date of first used, regardless of session.
UNLIMITED SESSION PASSES
($315 regular price, $250 discount price)
If you are taking 4 or more classes each week, we recommend purchasing and Unlimited Session Pass, which allows you to take unlimited class during the 7 week session. Unlimited Session passes are available until the end of the second week of classes.
UNLIMITED ANNUAL PASSES
($1250 regular price, $1000 discount price)
If you routinely take 4 or more classes each week, you might consider purchasing and Unlimited Annual Pass. This pass gives you an entire year of unlimited classes. With this pass, you get 5 sessions of unlimited classes for the price of 4 sessions! That’s an entire session for FREE!
Dance classes at Wall-2-Wall Tap Dance Center are offered by the session. New material is presented in all classes the first week of the session and then all classes progress from there. All classes at our studio are 55 minutes in length. Each tap dance class begins with a warm-up and includes technique work appropriate for the level. Some choreography may be included as well. Our class levels are defined as follows:
NEVER-2-LATE TAP – PART 1
This is our “Introduction to Tap” class. It is for those with no experience in tap dancing. The pace of the class is slower than a Level 1 class so that students have an opportunity to become familiar with the basic technique. In Never-2-Late Part 1, we cover cramp rolls, tap walks, shuffles, shuffle ball change, shim sham, irishes, slaps, flaps, flap-heels, and flap ball changes. After completing Never-2-Late Part 1, students progress to Never-2-Late Part 2.
NEVER-2-LATE TAP – PART 2
This is the continuation of the Never-2-Late class. In Never-2-Late Part 2, we review the skills that were taught in Part 1 and then cover maxi fords, shuffle off to Buffalo, paddle and roll, waltz clog, spring shuffles and the rockette step (aka Broadway or Shirley Temple). After completing Never-2-Late Part 2, students are ready for Tap Level 1.
For those with some experience in tap dance. It is expected that students in this class will be familiar with the basic steps and combinations introduced in NEVER-2-LATE TAP. These classes still focus on the basics, but move at a slightly faster pace. This is the class where you really work on mastering all of the basic steps. Most students will spend 2-5 sessions in Level 1 classes before they are ready to move to Level 2.1
TAP LEVEL 2
For those who have mastered the basics of the tap dance and are ready for something more challenging. This class focuses on Time Steps and traditional pieces of tap dance choreography. It takes 9 sessions to complete Level 2 before you will be ready to move to Level 3. It is recommended that students take the Level 2 classes in order, beginning with LEVEL 2.1 and work their way up to LEVEL 2.9. The 9 sub-levels are:
- Level 2: Straight Level 2 classes use steps and combinations from throughout all of the Level 2 sub-levels. Students should be comfortable with the things taught in Level 2.1 – 2.9 before attempting this class.
- Level 2.1: Coles’ Stroll, beginning Riffs, slurps
- Level 2.2: Soft Shoe (Essence Steps), drawbacks, Cincinattis
- Level 2.3: Waltz Clogs (single, double, triple, quad) Buffaloes (single, double, triple), Maxi Ford variations.
- Level 2.4: Military Time Steps, Cramp Rolls, Rockette Step variations
- Level 2.5 The Shim Sham Shimmy (including the Shim Sham II and the Revenge of the Shim Sham)
- Level 2.6: Standard Time Steps: Shuffle Time Steps, Stomple Time Steps, and some of their variations.
- Level 2.7: Time Steps Continued: This class is an exploration of the “3 and a break” rhythm pattern. At this level, students learn time steps beyond the standard sets, including the Hoofer Time Steps, Travelling Time Steps and some of the non-standard time steps that exist.
- Level 2.8: The B.S. Chorus and the Copasetic Chair Dance
- Level 2.9: The Steve Condos Rudiments
TAP LEVEL 3 PREP
For those who have completed Level 2.9 but feel that they are not yet ready for Level 3. Level 3 PREP will work on the same things as Level 3, but at a slower pace.
TAP LEVEL 3
This is an intermediate level class. Level 3 classes are fast-paced. Students should have mastery of everything that is covered in the previous levels before trying this class. This class focuses heavily on technique, style, rhythm and musicality.
TAP LEVEL 4
This is a class for those who are ready to move beyond Level 3. Students in this class can expect a faster-paced class that uses more complex combinations.
HEARTBEAT TAP ENSEMBLE
This is our adult tap dance performance group. Students in this class need to be a solid Level 2.6 or higher tapper, and have a desire to perform. In these classes, we prepare pieces of choreography for performances. In addition to class fees, there may be additional costume costs for members of this group. Students who take this class are also required to take at least 1 technique class (Level 2 or 3) each week. The HeartBeat Tap Ensemble is made up of 2 groups that meet at different times:
- THE CRIMSON HEARTBEATS: for tappers ages 16 and up. Members must be Level 2.8 or higher and are required to register for a minimum of 3 classes a week during the session (2 HeartBeats classes and one additional Level 2 or 3 technique class.) This group meets Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 7:30 pm.
- THE GOLDEN HEARTBEATS: for tappers ages 50+. Members must be Level 2.8 or higher and are required to register for a minimum of 3 classes a week during the session (2 HeartBeats classes and one additional Level 2 or 3 technique class.) This group meets Monday and Wednesday mornings at 11 am.
Prospective new members may drop-in and attend HeartBeat rehearsals during the May-June Session each year. New members are officially accepted during the August-September Session each year and are expected to make a 1 year commitment to the group.